Thursday, January 2, 2014

Being Zen


Happy 2014!  I'm so excited to do a new exercise this year.  No, not that kind of exercise, more of a pursuit.  Let me explain...I hate making New Year's Resolution because I don't like to be disappointed with myself.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I even bothered to try.  But this year, I found about this great concept called #oneword365.  Basically, you choose a word that you aspire to embody throughout the next 365 days.

I chose the word Zen because I wanted so many different words to represent; I want tranquility, peace, happiness, contentedness, courage and fulfillment.  When I think of all those words, I think Zen sums it up.  In my pursuit of Zen, I will commit to looking at things in a peaceful and tranquil way, dispelling my constant worries and what ifs and just be in the moment.  I will be on my iPhone less and in the moment, enjoying my children and husband more.  I will be concentrate on my whole being and what I'm putting in and getting out of my time on Earth.  That will be my goal for 2014.  Ahhhh...I feel more Zen already.

Check out this concept at oneword365.com and join me or your own tribe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment!